Sunday, January 20, 2008

grandma skinner

my mom got to visit us the beginning of december, the girls were about 2 weeks old, and it was the best! it was so special to have my mom there to see me become a mom. crazy! i'm still trying to get over the fact that i was pregnant!


it was so great to have her come and stay for a few days. the best part was that she really took care of me. of course she came to see the babies, but she really showed me what i needed to do to take care of myself, so that i would be able to take care of the girls. for example she said, "you're not drinking enough water, I've been here a whole hour and you haven't had anything" yikes, yes ma'am. she'll be glad to know i haven't made that mistake again!

but really, all joking aside it was the best 4 days, she cooked, she cleaned, she calmed crying babies, and occasionally their mother, but mostly i felt like she really was there to take care of me, and in ways that i didn't even know i needed. so thanks mom, i love you. we all wish you were closer, and can't wait to see you again.

ok, now that i've stopped crying, here are some pics of her visit, i can't believe we didn't take more while she was here! there are some of her with tiff & fam on her blog though.

No comments: